Install Tabcmd Utility
- The SnapLogic® Platform runs on Java 11; therefore, to run the tabcmd utility, you must ensure the Java 11 version exists in your system. Ensure you have installed tabcmd in the Snaplex where your pipelines will run. If you have multiple Snaplexes, all of them must have the tabcmd installed.
Ensure that the path contains JDK11 as the first available Java version in the path. To do so, modify the path in the /etc/environment file as follows:
JAVA_HOME = <Absolute path of the jdk11 folder>
Optionally, you can replace
PATH = $JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
$JAVA_HOMEwith JDK11 folder. For example,
PATH=/usr/java/<JDK Directory>/bin:$PATHOnce the tabcmd command is initialized, it points to the JAVA defined first in the path variable.
Download the latest version of the tabcmd utility from here.
Download the rpm (rest) or deb (Ubuntu) package using this link: Tableau Server 2023.1.3 based on the Linux distribution.
- Install only the tabcmd utility.
- Run the rpm or deb package.
Add a soft link to tabcmd in the bin directory.
Note: Ensure that the Snap user has the following access:
- Access to run the tabcmd utility.
- Read and Write access to the file ~/.tableau/tabcmd/tabcmd.log.