Git integration: Check out Git Repository on a project space
The Git Integration in SnapLogic® allows checking out a Git repository at a project space level. Each project space can be associated and checked out to the Git repository. All Git operations supported on projects (project-level) are also supported on project spaces (project space level). Here are the constraints and dependencies that ensue such check outs:
- When you associate a repository with a project space, all the Git folders are brought in as projects, and any assets at the root level are placed in a logical directory labeled as
root. This label does not interfere with the corresponding Git folder structure.Note: If the repository contains a folder named
root(case-sensitive), these assets will be tracked in a new directory within the project space with the name
- Operations permitted based on the nature of a check out:
|Current Check out State/Level||Git Operations permitted|
|At project space level||At (other) projects|
Once you check out a Git repository at the project space level, you can perform the above git operations in any of the following ways:
|Project Spaces Git operations menu - Left navigation tree||GitHub operations menu - Project Asset Toolbar|
|Once checked out, Git operations in the left navigation tree are available only on the project space context menu but not on the individual projects.||Once checked out, Git operations in the Project Asset toolbar are available only on the project space context menu but not until the check out.|
- A Git repository associated with the Project Space
- Go to SnapLogic Manager.
- In the navigation tree, locate the project space, and click the down arrow to display the menu.
- Select Checkout Git Repository.
- Configure the Git Repository Checkout settings.
Important: You can select Hard Reset and leave Discard Untracked Files unchecked if you want to retain a set of assets but not track them.
- Repository. Select the repository to check out from.
- Branches/Tags. Select the branch or tag to check out. You can filter the list by typing the first letters of the branch or tag name.
- Hard Reset. Select this checkbox to replace all assets in your project/project space with the ones in your git repository. This discards all uncommitted changes (modified or conflicting assets) and the assets in Added, Tracked, or Removed status from your project/project space.
- Discard Untracked Files. With the Hard Reset checkbox selected, select this checkbox to delete all untracked files from your project/project space during the checkout.
- Click Checkout.
The Git Integration associates the project space with the branch or tag and checks out any existing assets.
- the repository and branch or tag that tracks the project space
- the commit SHA
- Tracked, Modified Locally
- Tracked, Modified Remotely
- Tracked, Conflict