The first time a data pipeline runs, SnapLogic® AutoSync does a full load of the source data. If synchronization is scheduled and the target supports upsert, by default AutoSync uses incremental load for subsequent runs. Edit the data pipeline to change the load type.
The load types available for a data pipeline depend on the types supported for all selected sources and the target. Available types include:
- Full load: If tables exist in the target, AutoSync drops them and does a full reload.
- Incremental: Requires tables to have a primary key and objects to have a unique identifier and a timestamp column or field that updates when a record is created or changes. After the first load, AutoSync loads only new and updated records. Learn more.
- Append: for CSV files only, appends data when a file of the same name is uploaded more than once. Learn more.
- SCD2: Slowly Changing Dimension Type 2 (SCD2) tracks historical values. Refer to SCD2 for a matrix of supported destination and source endpoints.
The following section describes how to change the load type. Learn more about using Multiple sources in one data pipeline.
Edit the load type
To change the load type:
- Click the edit icon on the data pipeline card:
- The Edit data pipeline screen opens. Click the Auto synchronize tab:
- Select the load type:
- Click Save.