To run SnapLogic® pipelines in production, developers create Triggered, Scheduled, and Ultra Tasks. Triggered and Ultra Tasks provide URLs that REST clients and applications can call to invoke the associated pipeline. The URL determines where the pipeline (and any child pipeline) runs:
- For pipelines that run on Cloudplexes managed by SnapLogic, Triggered Task requests go either to
the control plane or directly to the Cloudplex as shown in the following diagram.
- The Cloud URL routes requests to the control plane, which forwards them to the data plane.
- The Cloudplex Secured URLs go directly to the data plane.
- For pipelines that run on self-managed Snaplexes, task URLs include:
- The Cloud URL routes requests to the control plane, which forwards them to the data plane. This URL is only available for Triggered Tasks.
- A secured HTTPS and an unsecured HTTP version of the Snaplex URL and Alternate URL, which go directly to the data plane.
The control plane and data plane both authenticate Triggered Task requests. Refer to Task Authentication to understand the available options. When run using basic authentication, the caller must have the correct permission to run the task.