- Parse-type Snap
- Works in Ultra Pipelines
You can use this Snap to parse Tableau extract (hyper) file and convert it into documents.
- Tableau 10.5 or later version.
- Tableau Hyper Snaps use Tableau Hyper API version 18.104.22.16882. You must have the Java Native Access (JNA) and shared libraries of the same API version for the respective Operating System on which you run your Tableau pipelines. You can download the files for your operating system (Windows, Mac, and Linux) using this link: Hyper API 0.0.13129.
- Setup Tableau Hyper Lib: To run the Tableau hyper pipelines in a plex, you must set the environment or system property
TABLEAU_HYPER_LIBSto /home/lib (excluding /hyper) where the JCC is running.
- Install Tabcmd Utility: The Tableau Snaps (Hyper Formatter, Hyper Parser, and Hyper Write) invoke tabcmd internally for their functioning.
Limitations and Known Issues
|View||Description||Examples of Upstream and Downstream Snaps|
|Input||Data in document format.|
|Output||Document in binary format.|
Error handling is a generic way to handle errors without losing data or failing the Snap execution. You can handle the errors that the Snap might encounter when running the pipeline by choosing one of the following options from the When errors occur list under the Views tab. The available options are:
Learn more about Error handling in Pipelines.
- Suggestion icon (): Indicates a list that is dynamically populated based on the configuration.
- Expression icon (): Indicates whether the value is an expression (if enabled) or a static value (if disabled). Learn more about Using Expressions in SnapLogic.
- Add icon (): Indicates that you can add fields in the field set.
- Remove icon (): Indicates that you can remove fields from the field set.
|Field / Field Set||Type||Description|
|Label||String||Required. Specify a unique name for the Snap. Modify this to be more appropriate, especially if there are more than one of the same Snap in the pipeline.|
Specify a schema name for the Tableau extract.
If this field is left blank, the Snap uses the default schema Extract.
Default value: ExtractExample: DemoSchema
|Routes||Required. Use this fieldset to define table names and the output views to send documents. You must specify each route in a separate row.|
Specify a name for the hyper table.
Note: A table must exist in the incoming data of the hyper file. Else, an error is displayed upon validation.
Default: N/AExample: employees_table
|Output view name||Dropdown list||
Specify a name for the output view to which the documents should be routed.
Default value: output0Example: employees_table
|Snap Execution||Dropdown list||Select one of the three modes in which the Snap executes.
Available options are: