- Transform-type Snap
- Does not support Ultra Pipelines
You can use this Snap to convert the incoming documents into a Tableau hyper extract file and send the extract to the binary output view.
You can configure multiple input views in this Snap as the hyper file contains multiple tables. The table names for the hyper file is taken from the View Labels that you configure in Views.
- Tableau 10.5 or later version.
- Tableau Hyper Snaps use Tableau Hyper API version 184.108.40.20682. You must have the Java Native Access (JNA) and shared libraries of the same API version for the respective Operating System on which you run your Tableau pipelines. You can download the files for your operating system (Windows, Mac, and Linux) using this link: Hyper API 0.0.13129.
- Setup Tableau Hyper Lib: To run the Tableau hyper pipelines in a plex, you must set the environment or system property
TABLEAU_HYPER_LIBSto /home/lib (excluding /hyper) where the JCC is running.
- Install Tabcmd Utility: The Tableau Snaps (Hyper Formatter, Hyper Parser, and Hyper Write) invoke tabcmd internally for their functioning.
Limitations and Known Issues
|View||Description||Examples of Upstream and Downstream Snaps|
|Input||Data in document format.|
|Output||Document in binary format.|
Error handling is a generic way to handle errors without losing data or failing the Snap execution. You can handle the errors that the Snap might encounter when running the pipeline by choosing one of the following options from the When errors occur list under the Views tab. The available options are:
Learn more about Error handling in Pipelines.
- Suggestion icon (): Indicates a list that is dynamically populated based on the configuration.
- Expression icon (): Indicates whether the value is an expression (if enabled) or a static value (if disabled). Learn more about Using Expressions in SnapLogic.
- Add icon (): Indicates that you can add fields in the field set.
- Remove icon (): Indicates that you can remove fields from the field set.
|Field / Field Set||Type||Description|
|Label||String||Required. Specify a unique name for the Snap. Modify this to be more appropriate, especially if there are more than one of the same Snap in the pipeline.|
Specify a schema name for the Tableau extract.
If this field is left blank, the Snap uses the default schema Extract.
Default value: Extract
|Snap Execution||Dropdown list||Select one of the three modes in which the Snap executes.
Available options are:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError error might be displayed when the JCC node contains a JDK version lower than 11.
- Define the
/etc/sysconfig/jccfile on the node.
- Ensure that the JDK11 or a higher version is available as the first JAVA in the path environment variable. For example:
JAVA11_HOME=/usr/java/<JDK Directory> PATH=$JAVA11_HOME/bin:$PATH export PATH