You can create a data pipeline that loads data from Google Sheets to a destination. To provide the information SnapLogic® AutoSync needs to connect to Google Sheets, supply new credentials in the wizard or select the saved credentials that were created in the IIP or the wizard. The create credentials page explains how to create credentials in the AutoSync wizard.
Supported Account types
The IIP provides multiple Account types for most endpoints and not all types are compatible with AutoSync. When you create or edit a data pipeline, the existing credentials list only includes compatible Accounts. AutoSync supports the following IIP Accounts:
The Account type supported for Google Sheets is:
- Spreadsheet OAuth2 Account
- If Preserve datatypes is unchecked, all data from Google Sheets are extracted as strings.
- When using Preserve datatypes, the values under each column must have the same datatype.
- Selecting the Preserve datatypes checkbox may impact performance.
timedata type cannot be preserved and will be converted to a fragment of the day. For example,
12 PMwill be converted into
Google Sheet properties include the following:
- Credential label: A unique, meaningful name such as
Accounting-Google-Spreadsheet. If a configuration with the same name exists, AutoSync displays an
Asset conflict error message.
- Authorize: Authorizes Autosync with your Google Account. After you log in to your Google account, you will be asked to provide access permission. Access is required to make a connection.
- Share: (Optional) Select a user group to share this configuration with. Environment admins (formerly Org admins) create user groups to share credentials. If you are a member of a user group, you can select it from the dropdown. You can also select the global shared folder, which shares the credentials with everyone in your Org.
- Validate and Save: After saving and validating, AutoSync adds the configuration to the list of saved credentials.
- Select spreadsheet: After configuring a destination, choose the spreadsheet to load.
- Select tables to synchronize: Choose tables to synchronize. AutoSync populates the list from your Google Sheets account.
- Select the checkbox to preserve the datatypes of your tables.