Analyze and monitor
SnapLogic® Monitor screens provide information about pipeline and task executions and the infrastructure on which they run.
The Execution overview reports on pipeline executions for the selected time period.
From this page, you can determine:
- Which pipelines are currently executing
- Who created a pipeline (Owner)
- Which Task executed a pipeline
- What time an execution started and finished
- Current and past execution status
- How many documents were processed during an execution
- What type of errors occurred
- Optional columns contain the following information:
- The invoker, email address of the person who ran a Triggered Task or manually ran an AutoSync data pipeline.
- Task name.
For AutoSync data pipelines, the Task name is the same as the data pipeline name, followed by
- The Project Space and Project to which a pipeline belongs.
Values in this column for data pipelines include the owner name, preceded by
autosync, such as
- The runtime ID (RUUID).
- The Snaplex and node that executed the pipeline.
Infrastructure System overview
The System overview screen, available from the Infrastructure link in the Monitor navigation menu, displays information about Snaplexes and the nodes on which they run. Snaplexes execute pipelines and are managed by SnapLogic or by your organization. A Snaplex has one or more instances, and each instance runs on a separate node.
From the System overview page, you can:
- View system status at a glance
- Monitor CPU, memory, and disk usage per node and per Snaplex
- If you are an Org admin, restart self-managed Snaplexes and nodes
- In node details, display additional metric charts
The Metrics screen, available from in the Monitor navigation menu, displays charts for a Snaplex node. The charts reveal trends for key metrics.
Use the charts to:
- Analyze the behavior of a Snaplex node
- Improve Task scheduling by finding under-utilized and over-utilized time periods
- Troubleshoot performance issues by identifying usage spikes
- View trends and individual data points
- Zoom in on charts to focus on a shorter time period
- Expand a chart to determine which Pipelines ran during a specific time period and view the execution details
- Review Snap statistics, Pipeline logs, and Pipeline parameters
- Download files for:
- Chart values in JSON format
- Pipeline logs in JSON format
- Runtime details in CSV format
Compare the Infrastructure and Metrics screens
The System overview and Metrics screens both provide information about infrastructure usage, resource consumption, and system health. The table below summarizes the differences between the two screens and what they report.
|Scope||Single Snaplex node||All Snaplexes and their ndoes|
|Metrics reported||Memory, CPU, and Disk utilization, system load, active threads, and network traffic||Memory, CPU, and Disk utilization|
|Type of visualization||Plotted||Color-coded average and maximum usage|