Git integration: Create a branch
You can create a new branch from the branch that is already checked out for a project.
- A Git repository associated with the project
- The source/parent branch must be checked out.
- Go to SnapLogic Manager.
- In the navigation tree, locate the project, and click the down arrow to display the menu.
- Select Checkout Git Repository.
- Configure the Git Repository Checkout settings.
Important: You can select Hard Reset and leave Discard Untracked Files unchecked if you want to retain a set of assets but not track them.
- Repository. Select the repository that will contain the new branch.
- Branches/Tags. Enter the name of the branch to create.
- Hard Reset. Select this checkbox to replace all assets in your project/project space with the ones in your git repository. This discards all uncommitted changes (modified or conflicting assets) and the assets in Added, Tracked, or Removed status from your project/project space.
- Discard Untracked Files. With the Hard Reset checkbox selected, select this checkbox to delete all untracked files from your project/project space during the checkout.
- Click Checkout.