NetSuite REST Read
- Read-type Snap
- Works in Ultra Pipelines
You can use this Snap to read records based on the Record ID.
- The Snap initially takes more time to populate suggestions, but from the second call onwards, it fetches data from the cache, which refreshes every 60 minutes. Additionally, any updates to the metadata may take up to an hour to be reflected.
If you enable the expression for Record type, the Output fields suggestion does not work as expected.Workaround: To address this issue, consider the following workarounds:
- Provide a value for Record type using suggestions.
- Hard code the static string to enable the use of Output fields suggestions.
- The Snap does not display errors for invalid columns in the Output fields property because the NetSuite API ignores the fields that are not part of the schema.
|View||Description||Examples of Upstream and Downstream Snaps|
|Input||This Snap has at the most one document input view. The entity from which you want to read the objects.||Mapper|
|Output||This Snap has at the most one document output view. This Snap displays records from the specified entity.||Mapper|
Error handling is a generic way to handle errors without losing data or failing the Snap execution. You can handle the errors that the Snap might encounter when running the pipeline by choosing one of the following options from the When errors occur list under the Views tab. The available options are:
Learn more about Error handling in Pipelines.
- Suggestion icon (): Indicates a list that is dynamically populated based on the configuration.
- Expression icon (): Indicates whether the value is an expression (if enabled) or a static value (if disabled). Learn more about Using Expressions in SnapLogic.
- Add icon (): Indicates that you can add fields in the field set.
- Remove icon (): Indicates that you can remove fields from the field set.
|Field / Field Set||Type||Description|
Required. Specify a unique name for the Snap. Modify this to be more appropriate, especially if there are more than one of the same Snap in the pipeline.
Default value: NetSuite REST ReadExample: Execute company names list
Required. Specify the data entity or object the Snap should interact with using the NetSuite REST API.
Required. Specify the Record ID (the internal identifier of the NetSuite record).
Use this fieldset to specify the names of the fields and sublists on the record you want to retrieve.
Specify the names of the fields and sub-fields you want to retrieve.
Example: companyName, email, firstName
|Timeout options||Specify the properties related to the timeout connections.|
|Read timeout (seconds)||Integer/Expression||
Specify the number of seconds the Snap must wait before it terminates the request because of a failure to receive data from the target service.
Default value: 60
|Connection timeout (seconds)||Integer/Expression||
Specify the number of seconds the Snap must wait before it terminates the request because of a failure to establish a connection to the target endpoint or service.
Default value: 30
|Retry settings||Specify the properties for handling retry during failures.|
|Retry on||Dropdown list||
Select the the condition to retry the request. Available options include:
Default value: Server errors (5xx)
Example: Client and server errors (4xx, 5xx)
Specify the maximum number of retry attempts in case of failure.
Default value: 5
|Retry interval (seconds)||Integer/Expression||
Specify the intervals between each retry.
Default value: 3
|Snap Execution||Dropdown list||Select one of the three modes in which the Snap executes.
Available options are: