Connect to on-premises endpoints
AutoSync supports on-premises source and destination endpoints for environments (Orgs) with a self-managed Snaplex (Groundplex). Snaplexes are the data processing engines that execute AutoSync data pipelines. All environments enabled for AutoSync have a dedicated Snaplex, which is managed by SnapLogic.
To allow AutoSync to connect to an on-premises data source, your Org must also have a customer-managed Snaplex (Groundplex) associated with the global
shared folder that can connect to that source.
A data pipeline with an on-premises source uses the Groundplex to access both source and destination, so that Groundplex must have connectivity to both.
AutoSync supports the following on-premises endpoints:
- MySQL as a source
- Oracle as a source or as a destination
- SAP HANA as a destination
- SQL Server as a source or as a destination
Use an on-premises source
To use an on-premises data source, create a new data pipeline and select a supported on-premises target or source. A dialog opens for selecting a GroundPlex (self-managed Snaplex). When multiple choices are available:
- If you do not administer the SnapLogic platform, ask your Org admin for the name of the self-managed Snaplex to use for on-premises data sources.
- If you administer a SnapLogic Org, and do not have a self-managed Snaplex, contact your SnapLogic representative and refer to Deploying a Self-Managed Snaplex.