Select a Snaplex to run your pipelines
To configure which Snaplex will be used by a pipeline, a Task, or an API/Proxy use one of the following ways:
- Pipeline configuration in Designer: Open the desired pipeline in the Designer and choose the appropriate Snaplex from the Snaplex drop-down menu.
- Scheduled or Triggered Task configuration: When you configure a Scheduled or Triggered Task, specify the Snaplex where the associated pipeline should run.
- When using the Pipeline Execute Snap,
Tip: You can improve performance by running a parent and child pipeline on the same Snaplex node because data is not transferred over a network.
- The Snaplex field within the Pipeline Execute Snap indicates the Snaplex for the child Pipeline. Leaving this field blank allows default assignment.
- Alternatively, you can use the pipe.plexPath expression to ensure the child pipeline runs on the same node as the parent.
- If you choose a different Snaplex for the child pipeline, the input documents and pipeline parameters are securely transmitted through the Control Plane using encrypted transport to a node in the designated Snaplex.
- Setting a dedicated Snaplex for a project:
- Org admins can assign a dedicated Snaplex for a project to optimize resource allocation by relocating it from the Shared project to another.
- In Manager and Designer, only pipelines in the new project can access that Snaplex.
- Irrespective of the Project containing the Snaplex, running Pipelines on it is possible as long as you have access rights.